Friday, September 18, 2009

Window Cheats

Ok, so these rooms are not particularly small, but I think it shows how the more natural light you have in a room the bigger it feels. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have a huge window or sliding door, but if you can put seating or a table near a window, DO IT !! My own kitchen is only about 10 x 12 but I have a sliding door that leads to a screened in porch. That visually makes my kitchen feel A LOT bigger. Move some furniture tonight, place a comfy reading chair by a window !

6 comments:

joanie said...

Lisa - totally agree with you about the effect of light on spaces. For rooms without large windows or sliding doors, what is your opinion of tube skylights? Would this extra light help expand the feeling of space?

Enjoy your blog.

Joanie

The Antiques Diva™ said...

You hit the nail on the head... smaller the space, let more light in! When we lived in Paris, my salon was so tiny that I chose to put intense colors on the wall, neutral furnishings and to leave the 1 french window in the room bare... It had a stunning effect and not once did anyone comment "Why no shades?!"

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

See those windows in the first image? Nana doors. We looked into installing them. We have a wall of windows like that...would love them to open all the way up!

purple area said...

Great pics, lovely style!

Thomas said...

so true. i have my little cafe table sitting beside my window. i enjoy sitting there working peeking outside ever so often. And now that the weather is getting cooler, i enjoy the natural breeze that visits me here and there.

Miguel Alvarado said...

Great pictures so need a
cortinas fo a better decoracion